To sign up for race committee service, go the Race Committee Service page by clicking on the link in the left pane. This site is managed by the First Rear Commodore, and the Technology Supervisor at Monmouth Boat Club in Red Bank NJ, USA.
Welcome to MBC Race Committee Site. Please use the links on the left for more information.
2017 Race Committee Organization
- Race Committee must consist of 2 boats and 4 qualified
Fleet Captain responsibilities- Each fleet captain is
responsible to fill the needs for race committee as posted on the yearly
schedule. The schedule is available on the RC board and the MBC website.
- The RC boat (Alert) must have a minimum 2 people on board
(max 4), the PRO and scorer/timer on board.
- Everyone on the RC boat & chase/support boat must be
able and willing to assist with the race course, racers or any boat which needs
assistance on the river.
- The chase/support boat must have 2 qualified people, who
are willing and able to drop & pick up marks. Additionally, this will
include assisting racing boats/sailors, moving course marks and generally
coordinating with the RC boat/PRO all race needs.
- Both boats must have working radios and be in constant
contact with each other.
- Fleets hosting a regatta or any event will assume the
responsibility of RC and their regatta needs. There may be times were a regatta
or an event coincides with a series event. The regatta/event fleet will assume
responsibility for the RC for the day. If 2 separate courses are needed, there
will be separate fleets responsible for each event.
- A clipboard will be available for sign up on the RC board
in the pine room.
- Fleet captains are required to send their RC list to the
1st Rear Commodore, no later than Thursday, prior to the next event.
- When a skipper and crew are conducting RC and they miss
racing, they will be awarded an average score for the race they missed, in the
current series. (This will not be true for a specific regatta.
- Race Management Training - US SAIL course
- RC Training-Local MBC Knowledge
- Boat Safety Certification and Boat Handling –US Coast Guard
Auxiliary - May 13,2017
- Dates and details to follow.
Please contact Jackie
Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.